From: Roman Dementiev (dementiev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-03-17 11:15:37

Hi,

I have found the bug. When a vertex is being moved to another bucket
(degree reduces) the 'update' method of the bucket sorter is called.
This method deletes the vertex from the bucket sorter and then pushes it
back. However, during the deletion, the NEW degree of the vertex is used
for calculations, and not the old degree value. This is wrong and leads
to the wrong output I had reported.

My bug fix avoids using the 'update' method, instead it removes the
vertex from the bucket sorter before the degree has been changed, and
then reinserts the vertex again when the degree is updated.

Now, the (correct) order computed by the test looks like this:

Smallest-last vertex order: 2 6 5 1 9 7 4 3 10 0 13 11 8 12

Can anyone integrate this fix into the main trunk (diff file attached)?

Thank you

With best regards,
Roman Dementiev