From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-03-21 14:03:53

Joel de Guzman <joel_at_[hidden]> writes:

> Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 02:04:02 +0800
>
> Daryle Walker wrote:
>> [I've added the main Boost list to this response so the MPL guys can see
>> it.]
>>
>> On 3/16/06 5:46 AM, "Joel de Guzman" <joel_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>>

>>>In the link I presented a while ago (http://snipurl.com/no8s),
>>>you might have noticed that the headings are clickable.
>>>Headings now link to itself. Again, this is borrowed from
>>>the MPL docs. This allows you to right click and copy
>>>the URL, for example (especially useful in deeply nested
>>>sections). You know where you are, anywhere.
>>
>> So my final advice is to remove this mis-feature, and have the MPL docs
>> purge it too.
>
> Good points! Thanks for taking the trouble to explain in detail.
> Makes perfect sense, IMO.

Not to me. Despite what Daryle says, the feature hurts nobody (or at
least he hasn't explained why it hurts anyone), and once you discover
it's there, it's very useful. If there were a more explicit way to
implement those links without interfering with presentation, I might
go for it, but I don't have any brilliant ideas and nobody else has
offered any so for now, that's the best we can do.

> Anyway, I am curious as to how the
> MPL folks would think? IIRC, the MPL docs was written using ReST(?).

Yes.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting