From: Joaquín Mª López Muñoz (joaquin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-03-22 05:52:06

Alexei Alexandrov ha escrito:

> Joaquín Mª López Muñoz <joaquin <at> tid.es> writes:
>
> > The problem is, one way or another, related to the noncopyable idiom (deriving
> > from a class with private copy ctr and assignment operator.) Maybe the
> > following, more convoluted snippet will MSVC 7.1 emit the warning:
> >
> > #include <boost/noncopyable.hpp>
> >
> > class bar:boost::noncopyable
> > {
> > };
> >
> > template<typename T>
> > class foo:bar
> > {
> > public:
> > foo(int x=0);
> > };
> >
> > foo<int> f;
> >

> Well, it does now. Thanks for this. I will suggest a patch for these warnings
> into boost MSVC compiler config so that all libraries can benefit from this.
> But what about
>
> boost\multi_index\detail\hash_index_node.hpp(89) : warning C4610:
> struct 'boost::multi_index::detail::hashed_index_node_trampoline<Super>' can
> never be instantiated - user defined constructor required
>
> This warning seems to have more sense and should not be disabled perhaps. Do
> you think it should be disabled on whole Boost level as well?

Hello again, Alexei, I've commited changes to the CVS (trunk and
release branch) so that C4610 warnings are no longer emitted by MSVC
in level 4 warning mode. I'd appreciate if you could download a CVS
copy (for instance, from http://www.boost-consulting.com/boost.tar.bz2)
and verify that these warnings have actually gone away in MSVC 7.1.
Warnings C4511 and C4512 will continue to appear, though.

Best regards,

Joaquín M López Muñoz
Telefónica, Investigación y Desarrollo