From: Nigel Stewart (ns_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-03-22 10:49:38

>> http://www.nigels.com/glt/doc/group___math.html
>> Bounding box, ray, plane, 3x3 matrix, 4x4 matrix,
>> 2d, 3d and 4d vectors...
>
> It looks very interesting. I am unclear as to your intents with it though.

     GLT is a library that evolved over several years of writing a lot
     of OpenGL programs. It always seemed to me that there could/should
     be a well standardised geometry library, but I wrote my own because
     there wasn't much around at the time in 1996.

     I don't think an OpenGL dependency should be introduced into Boost,
     but I would imagine an OpenGL-oriented convenience layer could well
     complement a boost geometry library. (As part of Boost, or not)

     By reason to mention the GLT math stuff was to illustrate a set of
     functionality that I think would be relevant to a boost geometry
     library. There are things I would do differently to GLT (benefit
     of experience), especially now that templates are much better
     supported by various compilers.

> I would guess that an initial aim for
> the project could be to identify the minimal essential geometry primitives/ and
> functions. There are for instance various ways to represent a line and so on.
> But some features keep cropping up e.g I'm glad to see the matrices, though it
> looks like quaternions must be included too.

     Yes, quaternions too.

Cheers,

Nigel