From: Christopher Kohlhoff (chris_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-03-23 06:54:33

--- Jeff Garland <jeff_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> I'm pleased to announce that asio has been accepted into
> Boost. As usual with a Boost review, the asio review
> generated plenty of discussion, issues, and controversy.
> Comments ranged from high praise, including success stories of
> projects in production, to serious design concerns and issues.
> On balance, in my judgment, asio provides a generally solid
> library that is ready for inclusion into the Boost library --
> providing key functionality in an area that developers have a
> strong need.

Thanks Jeff, and thanks everybody for participating in the
review. The review process has been very helpful in contributing
ideas to make the library better.

The current plan is for the next version to include breaking
interface changes arising from the review, plus some features on
which I would like to get more feedback (such as custom memory
allocation and dual IPv4/6 support). At that time, in addition
to the changelog, I will publish a list of review changes that
are yet to be made.

Cheers,
Chris

P.S. did the review result get posted to the boost-users list?