From: Joaquín Mª López Muñoz (joaquin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-03-28 02:41:28

When merging changes in boost/index.htm from HEAD to
RC_1_34_0, seems like there's no way to have both branch
and trunk to show *exactly* the same contents, as the
CVS $Date$ facility kicks in on every commit thus automatically
desynching files when a merge is tried. This $Date$ stuff can
be seen at about the end of index.htm:

So, the result (if I'm not wrong) is that you'll always have merge
conflicts when synching this file between trunk and branch, or
the other way around, no matter how carefully you play with
merge ops and merged_to_RC_xx tags.

* Is this really so, and it's a (minor) problem we have to live with?
* Am I wrong and there's a way to handle the issue?

Thank you,

Joaquín M López Muñoz
Telefónica, Investigación y Desarrollo