From: Philipp Thomas (pth_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-04-04 11:03:29

* Paul Giaccone (paulg_at_[hidden]) [20060404 16:48]:

> (and that you could always write "Gerhard Schroeder" for "Gerhard
> Schröder" [the former Chancellor of Germany]).

You can do that. But the other way round is not always correct, i.e. you
can't blindly change "Gerhard Schroeder" to "Gerhard Schröder" without
knowing which one's the correct form.

> When you say "the old TeX way", do you mean writing \~n for n-tilde, for

I agree with you that it'd be awkward to read. It was the first thing that
came to my mind when searching for a simple way to express the written form
of a letter.

BTW, need I say that IMNSHO that MSVC warning is very stupid?

Philipp