From: Edward Diener (eddielee_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-04-04 16:50:01

Paul A Bristow wrote:
> [...]

MS has been in no-SP mode since VS .NET has come out.

> The response to the original report on 7.1 loopback was
>
> http://lab.msdn.microsoft.com/productfeedback/viewfeedback.aspx?feedbackid=7
> bf2f26d-171f-41fe-be05-4169a54eef9e
>
> http://tinyurl.com/mpk72
>
> essentially "it's a feature" - but then it was fixed in 8.0!

It is demoralizing but you have to argue with MS once they gave one of
their inane responses justifying bugs as "as designed".

> So don't hold your breath on this - VS 2008??

Possibly, but of course there is no guarantee it will be fixed even in a
future new release. But I think once you force MS to admit that
something is truly a bug, they will fix it. This is much better than
Borland who, even when they knew a bug existed, simply decided to ignore
both the bug report or any future fix.

> I suspect that the Fair Dinkumware version may be corrected already - would
> anyone like to test?

What is Fair Dinkumware ?