From: Eric Niebler (eric_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-04-06 20:35:42

Robert Ramey wrote:
> Here's one man's opinion
>
> a) I prefer the larger fonts

Noted.

> b) I don't like the detail for each libray. What I would like to see is
> an expandable index using the control Jonathon Turkanis made so
> that we would ahve one level visiable:
> +Any
> +Array
> +Date-Time
> +...

Yep, that'd be nice. Are you volunteering? ;-)

> c) Boost. before every library is redundant and annoying

Yep.

> e) The libraries alphabetically could also have the same +/- expandability.
> f) It only includes the library generated by ? some procedure which
> I haven't had the time to figure out yet

BoostBook.

> g)"Documentation for some of the libaries is available in alternative
> formats..."
> I thought the whole idea was to be able to make the documents once and
> have all the other formats generated automatically - So I would expect
> this sentence to read something like )"Documentation for the above
> listed libraries is also available in the following alternative formats"

Only BoostBook-based docs are available in other formats.

> h) I never understood why we made a whole new system to do this
> rather than leveraging on something already developed like LaTex, Troff,
> or? I'm sure there's a good reason. I would be curious to know what it is

We are leveraging something called DocBook. It's an industry standard.
BoostBook is a thin layer on top to give people constructs that are
useful to people documenting C++ libraries.

--
Eric Niebler
Boost Consulting