From: Aristid Breitkreuz (aribrei_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-04-10 06:05:20

Am Montag, den 10.04.2006, 10:49 +0100 schrieb Phil Nash:
> Maxim Yegorushkin wrote:

> As to the error handling - I haven't personally given it much thought -
> but I'm not sure that can be easily parameterised without disturbing the
> interface.

Another nice feature would be to check if the output was actually
generated from the complete input. Imagine the following scenario: You
have
  lexical_cast<double>("1,2")
and as it happens, it returns 1 but happily. This is why I used strtod
directly in an application of mine. You could add parameters with
Boost.Parameters, by the way. So I would call:
  lexical_cast<double>("1,2", ignore_tail = false)
and get a exception. I will probably have to wait for Boost 1.36
though :D.

> Best regards,

Thank you