From: Jose (jmalv04_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-04-11 08:10:36

What boost needs is a generic tree container library that can include as
utilities some of the functionality in the proposed property-tree library.

Some references:

* Tree Container Library
http://www.codeproject.com/library/tree_container.asp
The author plans to submit it to boost . This should combine with the
current proposed library

* tree.hh: an STL-like C++ tree class (GNU)
http://www.aei.mpg.de/~peekas/tree/
This library is well regarded and widely used in many GNU projects

If some of the STL gurus can compare both libraries we could contact the
author to encourage it to submit it to boost or just change the license.

A key functionality for the new library is being able to load an XML file in
memory and provide an easy-to-use DOM-like interface.

Regards
Jose