From: Jeff Garland (jeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-04-14 20:25:42

On Fri, 14 Apr 2006 23:22:51 +0200, Julio M. Merino Vidal wrote
> Hello,
>
> Google has just announced that there will be a Summer of Code program
> this year. More information can be found here:
>
> http://code.google.com/soc/
>
> I'm posting this message in the hope that Boost joins as a mentoring
> organization. I think this was discussed the last year, but it was
> not on the final organizations list.

I think we were a little late getting orginzied on this -- we found out about
it after the list of mentoring organizations were already closed.

Anyway, at least one of the mail threads started here:

> The goal could be to develop one of the "missing" libraries (those
> described in the Wiki,

Perhaps the unicode char/string support would be something that is doable if
mentored appropriately.

> for example) following the advice of people from this list.

I don't think the mentoring can be as general as 'people from the list'. We
need to have specific people/organizations identified. We'll need to submit a
request and such:

http://code.google.com/soc/mentorfaq.html

> And possibly get a library that is ready for review and inclusion
> into Boost. I know it's a difficult process, but there are three
> full months to spend on the task.
>
> If this happens, I'll certainly apply to work on the Boost.Process library.

Sounds like good one to me :-)

Jeff