From: Marcin Kalicinski (kalita_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-04-20 09:05:15

>> ADL also works ...
>>
>> namespace boost
>> {
>> template< class Traits , typename Char>
>> void read_xml( std::basic_istream<Char>& str,
>> basic_ptree<Traits>& tree,
>> int flags = 0 );
>> }
>
> I see you point, but I'm not qualified to tell you if it makes sense
> for Char and Traits::char_type to be different.

It does not make much sense. It would mean that we have to widen or narrow
every string read from the stream before putting in the tree. If really
needed, this can be done later by constructing another tree and converting
strings as we copy them from original. Anyway, this is rather a job for
locale codecvt facets, not for property_tree library.

Marcin