From: Thorsten Ottosen (thorsten.ottosen_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-04-20 14:00:14

Gennadiy Rozental wrote:

>>already have

>>unacceptable

>>address issues

>>wise. ...

>>>? program options
>>

>>It is true that there is a small overlap with program-options, but the
>>rest of the library (the majority of the library) doesn't have anything
>> to do with Program Options AFAICT.
>

> What is the basis for your opinion? IMO it's 1:1 correspondence.
> Could you do feature by feature comparison?

Could you?

AFAICT, just readon the tutorial for Program Options vs Reading the
docs for Command Parsing with the property-tree doesn't show much
overlap. Program options is much more advanced and formats messages for
you and all. The property tree gives you a something like a map from
arguments to argument values.

>>Also, but that needs to be confirmed, my impression was that
>>for small jobs, Marcin's approach would be easier to apply, whereas
>>Program Options is when you really need through solution.
>

> It's matter of opinion. I agree PO could've been done much better. From
> usability standpoint also.

Right.

-Thorsten