From: Rune (rune.sune_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-04-21 12:36:38

Gennadiy Rozental <gennadiy.rozental <at> thomson.com> writes:
> I am missing your point. What intermediate representation you need?
> IOW What is wrong with multi_index + serialize library for what you need?

One thing that property_tree (PT) seems to do is to, from an end-user's
viewpoint, handle simple and quite complex data and configuration files in
textual format in a straight-forward manner.

This is very nice and goes hand in hand with the old unix tradition.

To me it is overkill to bring into two complex libraries like multi_index and
serialize to handle a "simple" config file. By the way, is it even possible to
have serialize work with textual files or does it always use a binary format?
If so, the combination of multi_index and serialize is disqualified for a
simple config file.

/Rune