From: Vladimir Prus (ghost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-04-24 09:54:30

Marcin Kalicinski wrote:

> I used ptree for saving configuration numerous times. I don't quite
> understand what you mean by "smooth", but for me it was adequate without
> notifications. In my case, saving was usually done in a destructor of some
> high-level class, something along these lines:
>
> ~Application()
> {
> write_xml(m_filename, m_settings);
> }

This is not acceptable for me. Setting should be stored as soon as they are
changed, just in case your application crashes or is killed.

> If you need notifications - and I'm sure there are cases where you must
> have them - this is the wrong library.

I don't think this is the wrong library, I would argue this is the problem
with property_tree library. Wanting to be notified when a tree changes is
quite reasonable thing.

- Volodya