From: Jody Hagins (jody-boost-011304_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-04-24 10:29:55

On Fri, 21 Apr 2006 10:54:57 -0400
"Gennadiy Rozental" <gennadiy.rozental_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> I could achieve the same with multi_index serialized/deserialized from
>
> different archives. And I do not see any advantages in your solution.

Gennadiy,

You have stated several times that this library is not needed because it
is easy to replace with some combination of multi_index, serialization,
and program_options. Could you please provide us with an example?
I think this is especially important because both MI and serialization
have large learning curves, and a number of us have never really used
either in real work.

For myself, I've played with serialization only enough to realize that
it is way too slow for any real work we are doing. This type of stuff
is probably not performance prohibitive from a serialization POV.

I have also tried program_options, but it is just too awkward to use for
anything but trivial applications.

I like what property_tree has to offer, but if it is trivially
accomplished via existing means, I'd surely like to see an example.

Thanks!