From: Jeff Garland (jeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-04-25 22:20:48

On Tue, 25 Apr 2006 17:58:17 -0400, Beman Dawes wrote

> Given that the amounts of money are relatively small and non-
> recurring, I would hope we can just pass them through Boost
> Consulting or some other volunteer. But whoever does it needs to
> check with their accountant to make sure such a pass-through would
> not be taxed.
>
> Another alternative is to find an existing non-profit willing to do
> the pass through.

My read of the information was that the money goes to the mentor and that the
mentor is responsible for handling taxes etc. We did discuss this on the
moderator list a bit. If I wind up being a mentor, I'd personally want to
donate the extra money to the student. After all, they will be doing the hard
work. Also, if you do the math on the time period and the student pay, it
really isn't much money.

Anyway, if we really end up needing organizations/companies to do handle the
accounting, my company can do it. I'd would be surprised if Dave A. and Boost
consulting wasn't willing to help as well. But first I think we need to
finish writing up some projects, etc...

Jeff