From: Alexey Trenikhin (alexey.trenikhin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-04-28 22:47:03

On 4/28/06, Giovanni P. Deretta <gpderetta_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> I've ran almost the same test using my library and it seems to do the
> right thing. I can't try Pth right now, but i suspect it would work too,
> as both libraries are similar.
> I'm running gcc 3.3.6 under slackware-current.
> As gcc exception model has not changed since 3.0 (or so), i think that
> the problem is the platform: I'm not sure, but i think that gcc on
> windows uses a different system to handle exceptions, putting exception
> handler data on the stack (to be compatible with other win compilers and
> the OS itself), while on linux, and maybe other OSes, it uses a
> different method that need no stack data and only relies on the
> instruction pointer and registers value (the zero overhead exception
> model).
>
> I might be wrong, but i cannot think of anything else.

I beleive you are right about platform. But I think problem not in using
stack (stack is switched anyway), but more likely context switching
mechanism does not switch FS:[0] which points to top exception registration
record.

Btw, I can participate in porting/testing windows/fibers version (if it is
not early than May 25th)