From: Felipe Magno de Almeida (felipe.m.almeida_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-04-30 11:34:00

On 4/30/06, Christopher Kohlhoff <chris_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Hi Felipe,
>
> --- Felipe Magno de Almeida <felipe.m.almeida_at_[hidden]> wrote:

[snipped]

> I also suppose if I put it into the asio namespace then I can
> drop the asio_ prefix from the functions. I.e. you would now
> write:

Dropping asio prefix should be thinked more carefully. While the
default implementation wouldnt clash with user code, user's
customization could collapse with its own free functions. Or even
worse, asio could find through ADL functions that wasnt made to be
allocation customization for asio.

[snipped]

> On a related note, you should be able to customise allocation
> for all handlers by writing:

[snipped]

> at global scope.

With ADL it should be in the same namespace as the handlers, so if I
have a handler in some namespace it wouldnt call handler_allocate nor
handler_deallocate, IIRC.

> Cheers,
> Chris

Thanks,