From: Caleb Epstein (caleb.epstein_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-05-01 09:32:59

On 4/29/06, Beman Dawes <bdawes_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> "Chris Frey" <cdfrey_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> > With the standards committees looking at including Boost::Filesystem
> > in TR2, I think performance is imporant enough to be looked at by now.
>
> So you may want to checkout the current CVS head to see if whatever
> performance problem you were seeing is still an issue.

I have also found the current CVS code to be on par with my "100% pure
POSIX" recursive file-finder. The run-times and of the two
implementatoins are identical.

In fact, I even found the Boost.Filesystem implementation to be more
optimal in certain cases since it makes use of the dirent.d_type
member to detect the is_directory-ness of an entry, where my naive
POSIX code was always calling stat(2). This means fewer syscalls for
the Boost version, which is a win.

Thanks for the great library, Beman!

--
Caleb Epstein