From: Gennadiy Rozental (gennadiy.rozental_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-05-06 04:16:33

"dan marsden" <danmarsden_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> Gennadiy Rozental wrote:
>>I may not have time for review, but just one simple question: what are the
>>advantages/disadvantages/differences in usage with
>>stl_container<boost::variant>?
>
> Disclaimer: I'm not a regular user of boost::variant.
>
> I believe the key differences is what information is available / fixed at
> compile time
> rather than run time.

Ok. But I would be more interrested in pratiacal approach. So my questions
would be:

1. Which tasks require fusion::vector and does not accept vector<variant>?
2. Which tasks require vector<variant> and does not accept fusion::vector?
3. Which tasks I could prefer fusion::vector for? What practical reasons?
And if this is performance what is a performance advantage 1%, 10%, 50%?
4. Could you compare from usdabiltiy standpoing all the operation shared by
this two approaches?

Gennadiy