From: Tobias Schwinger (tschwinger_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-05-09 09:24:09

Gerhard Wesp wrote:
> Whoever thinks about arbitrary precision arithmetic, please take a look
> at M.J. Kronenburg's proposal for TR2, which has been briefly discussed
> at the last WG21 meeting:
>
> http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg21/docs/papers/2004/n1692.pdf

Read it already. I also agree that it seems the most appropriate paper to influence the SoC work.

> Please also look at NTL: http://www.shoup.net/ntl/
> IMHO, NTL is one of the best and most complete library on the market, it
> would be very desirable (and maybe not even very difficult) to
> "boostify" it.

Certainly! Unfortunately, the license is incompatible for "in-place boostification".
A reimplementation of that functional range is far beyond the scope of an SoC project.
Anyway, you might find it interesting that my current SoC proposal

   http://tinyurl.com/qtyhh (still incomplete)

would provide a solid fundament for algorithms like implemented by NTL (without requiring a procedural interface for maximum efficiency).

Thank you for your comments!

Regards,

Tobias