From: Jeff Garland (jeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-05-09 20:15:03

On Tue, 09 May 2006 17:52:53 -0500, Rene Rivera wrote
> Simple question... Is there a really easy way to remove spam from
> the wiki? And I mean something like a "rollback to X version" or
> "delete Y revision" button? There's a whole bunch of pages just
> affected and copy+paste from the last good revision into a new
> revision is just painfully slow for doing it many times.

No, there's isn't an easy way from the interface. I have a system that I use
to perform this easy rollback, but it's not open to the public. My advice if
for people to notify me ASAP when they see an attack. This week the spammers
have been extremely active -- averaging one "major" (50+ pages) attack per
day. Once a major attack is detected it's usually easy to shutdown, but I
have to be in a place to do it -- so sometimes it takes awhile for me to see
it and revert and stop. I'd be happy to make this more available to more
folks, but there's some coding involved and I haven't had time....

And, unfortunately today, there was a small glitch in my system so I did
actually lose some edits on the SOC page. There still listed in the change
log, but they were lost. This is the first loss even though the Wiki gets
attacked several times a week.

Jeff