From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-05-09 22:35:00

"Arkadiy Vertleyb" <vertleyb_at_[hidden]> writes:

> However BOOST_TYPEOF, although does require user type registration, has an
> advantage of much nicer syntax. Compare:
>
> result_of<minus_(minus_(int, _1_), _2_)>::type f = 3 - _1 - _2;
>
> with
>
> BOOST_AUTO(f, 3 - _1 - _2);

Yes, of course it does. You don't think the advantages of auto are
lost on me, do you?

Inside my library's implementation I'm willing to buy lack of
registration with a slightly uglier syntax, because asking people to
register types is completely untenable for me.

> It would be very nice to have lambda and bind types registered, so that the
> user at least have a choise.

It's utterly irrelevant to me, since there's no way I'm going to ask
users to register their types just so *I* can use typeof.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting