From: Gerhard Wesp (gwesp_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-05-10 05:19:07

On Tue, May 09, 2006 at 11:03:02PM -0500, Rene Rivera wrote:
> the proposals I've seen useless. There are two aspects which must be
> addressed:

"Useless" is a strong word.

> 1. Security of memory allocation.
Should be solved on a memory management/OS level. Adding allocator
parameters may be the way to go. But it may be easier to ask the OS to
erase the memory once the process dies. Are there OSes that support
this?

> 2. Access to normalized representation.
Define "normalized representation".

I do think that the type should support all the conversions defined for
the built-in types, including conversion to hexadecimal.

> required by certificates, keys, protocols, etc. So a documented access
> to the representation is essential for implementing such translation
> efficiently.

Can you give an example of a translation that would require this access?

Regards,
-Gerhard

--
Gerhard Wesp