From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-05-13 12:06:30

Vladimir Prus <ghost_at_[hidden]> writes:

> The problem is that I don't see any effort to close other issues. Let me get
> specific:
>
> - There's date_time failures with FelipeAlmeida and Bronek_office runners,
> which use V1. How V2 prevents you from investigating them?
> - The concept_check and mpl libraries fail across *all* toolsets. I've
> reported this here, twice, and nothing is still done.

I didn't notice a report recently about concept_check. I thought I
checked in fixes for the problems we were seeing. Hmm, maybe the CVS
outage kept things from going in... lemme check.

Um, despite SF site status saying that CVS is up, I can't reach the
server through ssh:

  $ ssh -v david_abrahams_at_[hidden]
  OpenSSH_4.3p2, OpenSSL 0.9.8a 11 Oct 2005
  debug1: Reading configuration data /home/dave/.ssh/config
  debug1: Connecting to cvs.sourceforge.net [66.35.250.207] port 22.
  debug1: connect to address 66.35.250.207 port 22: Connection reset by peer
  ssh: connect to host cvs.sourceforge.net port 22: Connection reset by peer

So I may well be sitting on fixes that I can't check in. Can't tell
of course, because with CVS you can't do a diff unless you can reach
the server. I've submitted a support request at SF, but in principle
they don't check those except on weekdays... :(

> Sorry if that sounds rush, but I simply don't think that "revert war" on
> mainline is a best way to handle anything.

Agree

> The "stable branch" idea from Beman, on the other hand, sounds quite
> feasible. It might be even better if merges to stable branch are done by
> release manager only, so that he gets full control of what goes to release.

Sounds good to me.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting