From: Thomas Witt (witt_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-05-17 21:51:38

Beman,

Beman Dawes wrote:
> "Thomas Witt" <witt_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
>
> The proposal to radically alter the release approach is motivated by a
> general need to scale up the release process as Boost grows, and to decouple
> releases for unrelated libraries.
>
> It isn't a particular problem with 1.34, or any particular release. So
> please don't take the proposal as a criticism of any release or the people
> working on any release.

I didn't take it personally and if I haven't made that clear my intent
wasn't to criticize or single out boost.build either. I was just trying
to point out that the proposal does not address one of the main issues
in this release.

IIUC that wasn't goal of the proposal, I just wanted people to
understand that there are other issues.

Thomas

PS: For a more general comment see my reply to Jeff

--
Thomas Witt
witt_at_[hidden]