From: Matthias Troyer (troyer_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-05-23 11:55:50

On May 23, 2006, at 5:36 PM, Joaquín Mª López Muñoz wrote:

> Matthias Troyer ha escrito:
>
>> On May 22, 2006, at 4:51 PM, Matthias Troyer wrote:
>>> On May 22, 2006, at 8:17 AM, Joaquín Mª López Muñoz wrote:
>
> [...]
>>>
>>> I know a workaround and will implement it tomorrow.
>>>
>>> Matthias
>>
>> The workaround is now applied. The new version makes use of the
>> array-
>> serialization dispatch used in 1.34, but uses array wrappers. Can
>> someone please test this with MSVC?
>
> Hello Matthias,
>
> I can confirm that your applied patch makes some serialization-
> based code
> that used to work do work again under MSVC 6.5, no "zero-sized array"
> errors anymore. Is there any specific test case you want me to try
> focusing
> on array-specific issues?

It's good that the zero-sized array problem is now solved. As long as
Robert wants to support MSVC 6.5 I want to make sure that my changes
do not break anything that worked before. Since the regression tests
still run on RC_1_34_0 I can't see what other things might be broken.
I would appreciate if you inform me in case that see anything that is
broken for MSVC due to my changes.

Matthias