From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-05-26 17:52:30

"Robert Ramey" <ramey_at_[hidden]> writes:

>> Just tell me what you want me to do.
>
> might as well just check 'em in to the trunk

Done.

A few notes:

* Borland 5.64 release build is crashing inside the test library. See
  my other posting today about that. Seems to be a codegen bug.

* Metrowerks: I added an additional macro that lets MWerks users use
  BOOST_CLASS_EXPORT.

    // Everyone writes this
    BOOST_CLASS_EXPORT(polymorphic_derived1)

    // People targeting MWerks can do this
    BOOST_SERIALIZATION_MWERKS_BASE_AND_DERIVED(polymorphic_base, polymorphic_derived1)

  This makes the tests pass on cw-8.3 and cw-9.4. The regression
  table for Boost-1.33.1 shows the test_exported_xxxx tests passing on
  cw-8.1, but I was unable to get the CVS HEAD to pass cw-8.3 without
  the use of BOOST_SERIALIZATION_MWERKS_BASE_AND_DERIVED, so I figured
  it wasn't my responsibility to make my update work with that
  compiler.

* It's unclear to me that BOOST_USED has any effect at all on whether
  the tests pass. I suggest defining it to be empty for a while and
  seeing what happens to the regression table.

* I didn't run all the tests in every configuration; that's simply
  impractical. Robert, you need to make the library's testing more
  selective; it's occupying vastly more testing resources than most
  other libraries, and way more than required to effectively find
  problems. It shouldn't be necessary to test the cross-product of
  all tests with all archives and all build configurations.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting