From: Ion Gaztañaga (igaztanaga_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-06-10 19:17:44

> Quick question -- as I recall interprocess was accepted a few months
> back -- is there something that's preventing it from going into cvs?
> Once it is there we get the benefit of regression tests and other
> developers can easily see it.

The problem is that it's very unstable, because when Shmem was accepted,
  a lot of changes were requested and Shmem's POSIX/Win32 portability
problems require reworking a lot of things. I'm trying to add also some
new features. Interprocess has also to offer process-shared mutexes,
condition variables, etc... I would like to offer the same interface as
the proposed C++ standard interface (currently Boost.Threads, but some
are proposing simplifying it, reworking scoped locks, etc...).

Currently there is no documentation so it wouldn't be very usable (well,
there are some tests to know how it works). I could upload it to CVS if
any developer wants to start testing it and get suggestions. What do you
think, it should go first to boost-sandbox, or directly to the boost
main repository?

Regards,

Ion