From: Phil Richards (news_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-06-21 14:37:55

On 2006-06-20, John Phillips <phillips_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> I think we should try to stay out of the business of making a linear
> algebra system (or a tensor algebra system, either, for that matter) on
> this project.

I concur. I was already concerned with the size of PQS - recent
discussions have made me distinctly worried. PQS should do roughly
what it says on the tin: dimensional analysis and units. Do it
small, do it tidily, do it clean.

It's nice to see that there appears to be a move in the direction
of separating the dimensional analysis and units into orthogonal
bits, though. It's the way I've gone... :-)

phil

--
change name before "@" to "phil" for email