From: Doug Gregor (dgregor_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-06-29 14:54:16

On Jun 29, 2006, at 11:49 AM, Noel Belcourt wrote:

> By the way, have you considered how your library might be used to
> propagate C++ exceptions thrown on one or more processors to the other
> processors? Robust parallel termination semantics are difficult to
> achieve and the ability to propagate C++ exceptions in parallel can
> greatly improve program behavior. Your library seems like a natural
> place to provide this capability.

I've mused that such a thing might be possible, but I've never
considered how it should be done or where it would fit into the library.

> We've done some work in this area if you're interested.

Yes, I'd like to learn more about this. I don't expect we'd be able
to support this feature in the initial version of the library (just
covering MPI 1.1 requires quite a bit of effort, and we've had
requests for MPI 2.0 features as well), but I think the (candidate)
Boost.MPI would benefit from the ability to propagate C++ exceptions
across processors.

        Doug