From: me22 (me22.ca_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-07-01 19:59:31

On 7/1/06, Jeff Garland <jeff_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> I have a problem with these names -- Boost.intern sounds like a developer that
> should be working on an SOC project. 'Interned' sounds like what happens when
> someone dies and is buried -- not too pleasant.
Thanks for phrasing what I was thinking better than I had managed to.

I have never heard of intern, but recognize flyweight from the GoF
book. I don't think it would be confused as something else, since a
library that only offered representation sharing would probably be
called copy_on_write or cow_ptr or similar.

Boost.Flyweight / boost::flyweights / boost::flyweight<T> sounds good to me.

~ Scott McMurray