From: Pavol Droba (droba_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-07-02 17:52:55

Well, it depends on what you define as 'de-facto' standard.
I think that both names are equaly good.

A quick 2-minute search gives me few example in favor of trim_left:
- Microsoft - All libraries provieded by microsoft MFC, ATL, .Net, use
  *Left versions
- Symbian API - has TrimLeft

- Probably not very serious, but simple google comparison give following
results:
"trimhead OR trimhead" : 1,510 results
"trim_left OR trimleft" : 40,400 results

I don't have much time to look elsewhere, feel free to supply
counterexamples.

Before considering your proposal, I would really need to see
better argument then your personal opinion, since changing a name
of a function that is already in use for some time is quite serious
issue.

Cheers,
Pavol.