From: Peter Dimov (pdimov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-07-03 06:08:35

Michael van der Westhuizen has generously contributed Solaris versions of
atomic_count and sp_counted_base. You can find them in the CVS HEAD and as
attachments to this message. I haven't applied his patch (also attached) to
atomic_count.hpp and sp_counted_base.hpp that would enable them yet, but I
plan do so in a couple of days if there are no objections.

If you have any suggestions or comments, please let me know; in particular,
if you have a better idea how to detect SunOS 5.10 or later, or if you know
what memory synchronization guarantees the Solaris atomics are supposed to
provide. :-)

Thanks in advance for any help or interest, and of course, big thanks to
Michael for his contribution.