From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-07-06 02:41:27

David Abrahams wrote:
> "Robert Ramey" <ramey_at_[hidden]> writes:
>

> How are these different from many of the iterators provided by
> http://www.boost.org/libs/iterator, particularly transform_iterator?

http://www.boost.org/libs/serialization/doc/index.html describes this.

All the "dataflow iterators" are derived from boost.iterator. For
some I derived from transform iterator for others I derived
from filter and I forget the rest.

Aside from implementing the transforming behavior required
for the specific instance, the only real addition is the
requirement that all of them have a templated constructor.
This simple addition made all the difference for me.

This permitted me to compose them to any ressonable
depth and sequence with just one (rather long)
typedef into a new iterator which can be used
just as easily as any other.

Robert Ramey