From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-07-06 18:06:50

Thorsten Ottosen <thorsten.ottosen_at_[hidden]> writes:

>> Its operator() might as well be a virtual function. The fact that
>> it's implemented differently is merely a matter of special-purpose
>> optimization that wouldn't be worth the trouble for the vast
>> majority of similar classes. I know that won't make an impression
>> on you, because you don't seem to think there are many similar
>> classes... but there are.
>
> Where?

In the literature at the very least. Read the GoF book or look up the
pimpl pattern. Other examples I know about (and have written) don't
occur in code I can show you, unfortunately... but I wouldn't be
surprised if you could find something similar in Spirit or XPressive.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting