From: Ion Gaztañaga (igaztanaga_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-07-07 18:30:09

Hi,

gcc 3.3.x is not officially supported in Shmem and shared_ptr for shared
memory is not even in the documentation (because it was a working
version). Glad to know there is a brave Shmem user ;-)!
sp_counted_base.hpp defines only:

#include <boost/config.hpp>

#if defined( WIN32 ) || defined( _WIN32 ) || defined( __WIN32__ )

# include <boost/shmem/smart_ptr/detail/sp_counted_base_w32.hpp>

#elif defined( BOOST_HAS_PTHREADS )

//Ordinary pthreads counted base is not enough
//we need process shared attributte.
# include <boost/shmem/smart_ptr/detail/sp_counted_base_pt.hpp>

#else

// Use #define BOOST_DISABLE_THREADS to avoid the error
# error Unrecognized threading platform

#endif

This might say that BOOST_HAS_PTHREADS is not detected. Maybe by default
pthreads is not activated with your installed gcc (are you sure you are
compiling multithreaded code?). I the only advice I can think is to add
-pthread flag to the command line if you don't have that flag.

"gcc --version" output and platform description would also be helpful.

Regards,

Ion