From: Pavel Vozenilek (pavel_vozenilek_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-07-09 13:57:48

"Gennaro Prota" wrote:

>>Windows and Linux Intel compilers are quite
>>different beasts (one pretending to be VC, the other GCC).
>
> I know. Both pretending to be worse a compiler than itself :-/ But
> this is already managed by the config system, isn't it? Compiler and
> platform are dealt with orthogonally.

The danger I see is that people will use the generic
macro for both variants when they tested only one. I did.

>>I am not sure whether BOOST_CXX_DEC
>>will be recognised after so many name changes.
>
> Suggestion? :)

Tru64 I guess there won't be any more reincarnations
before it goes away.

> PS: no hope about having info for Green Hills: I wrote to their
> support and they forwarded the mail to an Italian company which
> manages user requests; they in turn replied with a copy of a page of
> the manual, but when I asked what the *format* for the version number
> was they didn't reply anymore. I got the definite impression they
> didn't know what they were talking about.

"Green Hills Software doesn't just drive a truck up to your loading dock,
shove the software off the back, and drive away. Green Hills Software
provides comprehensive and continuous service and support to ensure
that you get all of the benefits that the most advanced
software development technology has to offer".

>From http://www.ghs.com/WhatDoesGHSDo.html

/Pavel