From: Jeff Garland (jeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-07-12 23:15:29

Thorsten Ottosen wrote:
> Hi Jeff,
>
> If simplicity is really the goal, then may I suggest the following:
>
> 1. remove the last template parameter (simply derive the types from
> boost::detail::super_string).

I suppose, but that might scare someone off from doing:

template<class char_type>
really_super_string : public super_string<char_type>

which is a perfectly valid way to add in a few more pet algorithms in a
consistent fashion.

> 2. rename the type boost::string and boost::wstring (an adjective like
> super don't sound very good IMO)

That scares me a little. Someone that happens to do a using namespace std;
and using namespace boost would wind up with errors. I'm willing to entertain
other names, but I'd like to avoid the conflict here.

Jeff