From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-07-15 09:01:59

"Matt Calabrese" <rivorus_at_[hidden]> writes:

> This email actually introduces a few different concepts, so at least skim
> the following paragraphs if the first couple of topics don't capture your
> interest.

Suggestion: make your troll for interest post much shorter and more
concise if you want a higher response rate.

> As a summary, I am introducing manipulatable preprocessor function
> and function template descriptions,

Useful.

> a macro which automatically generates a
> "result" template for use with result_of that does not rely of typeof (based
> off of such function descriptions),

Useful.

> the possibilty of macros which use
> function descriptions to generate tempalte metafunctions which can yield if
> a function object call is ambiguous or if there is no match for provided
> parameter types,

Not sure about that one.

If it *is* useful, perhaps you can generate the enable_if that will
simply make the operator() nonexistent... or are they not always
templates?

Anyway, this sounds like it overlaps with the parameter lib quite a lot.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting