From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-07-17 23:00:11

Gennaro Prota wrote:
> On Sun, 16 Jul 2006 20:57:07 -0400, David Abrahams
> <dave_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
>> Douglas Gregor <dgregor_at_[hidden]> writes:
>>
>>> Boost Regression test failures
>>> Report time: 2006-07-15T08:23:49Z
>>>
>>> This report lists all regression test failures on release platforms.
>> This report lists as "regressions" numerous failures on compilers we
>> weren't testing before (e.g. sun-5.8), or on new tests. Like bogus
>> warnings from a compiler, this is actually more harmful than helpful.
>> It causes developers to ignore the reports and looks to everyone else
>> like we have many more problems than we do.
>
> I fully agree. On a (slightly) related note: would it be possible to
> group all regression reports by thread, as Rene has done with his
> inspect tool reports? That would help a lot having an immediate
> perception of any advancements (even from the mailing list archive).

I think that was an accident on my part as it ran two reports on the
same day and the list server (or gmane) grouped them together. So I
guess if we want to take advantage of that for threading we would need
to remove the date from the subject.

Although doing that might make them less visible as they would be
grouped with really old threads. And some mail/thread readers would
place those way behind "current" messages.

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything