From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-07-22 20:01:40

Daryle Walker <darylew_at_[hidden]> writes:

> For users, we create a final archive by copying the _contents_ of each
> top-level directory, recursively merging the contents of repeated child
> directories. From their perspective, nothing has changed.
>
> Building changes radically for developers _of_ Boost code, though.

Wouldn't that mean developers _of_ Boost code would be working with a
different system of include paths than users? Seems like it coudl
lead to hard-to-find bugs?

> I think this arrangement would synergize with the Release Overview proposal
> at <http://mysite.verizon.net/beman/release_overview.html>. Both proposals
> are supposed to help with the scaling-up of Boost.

How?

Any proposal to radically alter the way we do things ought to actually
explain its benefits and how they will be achieved, and also what
problem the proposal is solving.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting