From: Timo Geusch (timo_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-07-23 18:16:50

Gennaro Prota wrote:
> On Sun, 23 Jul 2006 21:37:03 +0200, Gennaro Prota
> <gennaro_prota_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>

>> Hi guys,
>>
>> among the various Sun CC failures that permeate our regression tests
>> there's one which seems quite straightforward to fix [...]
>>

> Another easy one:
>
> in "../boost/iostreams/char_traits.hpp", line 40 and others: wint_t is
> not defined. The file char_traits.hpp tries bringing that name into
> std twice: first via the BOOST_NO_STDC_NAMESPACE and then via an
> ad-hoc #if (which should actually use BOOST_WORKAROUND).

I'll have to check this but I think some of the changes that Simon
Atanasyan from SUN made and published in his blog address this. It's a
tad late in the day for me to check but it may well be that I've got a
patch for that which I'm preparing...

> Now I'm not sure whether we should define BOOST_NO_STDC_NAMESPACE when
> __SUNPRO_CC == 0x580 (probably not, as the problem might only exist
> for rarely used names such as wint_t) or add to the second #if. In
> both cases that's another easy fix.

I don't think we should as the compiler in general is fairly standard
compliant. However SUN mainly supports the configuration of this
compiler + STLport. If you don't use that configuration you may be
seeing some really odd things happening.

Regards,
Timo