From: Albert Chin (boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-07-26 13:47:14

On Mon, Jul 24, 2006 at 12:58:11AM +0200, Gennaro Prota wrote:
> On Sun, 23 Jul 2006 23:16:50 +0100, Timo Geusch
> <timo_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
> >I'll have to check this but I think some of the changes that Simon
> >Atanasyan from SUN made and published in his blog address this.
>
> Thanks for pointing me there :-) Yes, some problems are addressed, and
> are in fact supposed to be fixed since boost 1.33.1:
>
> <http://blogs.sun.com/roller/resources/sga/boost_1_33_1.patch>
>
> Why they aren't is beyond me (I guess Simon posted his patch(es) here,
> otherwise the answer is obvious)

The above patch will tie you to -library=stlport4 though. The boost
mini howto on the same blog,
http://blogs.sun.com/roller/page/sga?entry=boost_mini_howto, says you
need to build programs linking against boost with:
  -library=stlport4 -features=tmplife -features=tmplrefstatic

I suppose this means if your boost program links against any 3rd-party
libraries, they must be compiled with the above as well.

Is stlport4 "better" than Cstd?

--
albert chin (china_at_[hidden])