From: Guillaume Melquiond (guillaume.melquiond_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-08-02 03:26:23

Le vendredi 28 juillet 2006 à 14:51 -0500, Terry Golubiewski a écrit :
> The following code does not compile with g++ nor MSVC 2003
> because of ambiguity of first argument to std::max() in
> numeric::abs().
> Is a typecast needed in interval/utility.hpp?

Thanks for spotting this shortcoming. You are right, the first argument
to max indeed requires static_cast<T>(_). We didn't expect the library
to be used with a unary minus operator that looks like "not_T operator-
(T)". Unfortunately primitive types shorter than int do have this
property.

Best regards,

Guillaume