From: Paul A Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-08-02 09:11:20

I'd point out that one can (should?) use a separate test for the signbit,

using the C99 function signbit (which also works OK on zero and NaNs)

It would perhaps be more nicely named "is_negative" for C++.
But perhaps one would not wish to add yet another new name?

This sign bit exists on all types (or can simply return false if really is
unsigned),
even thouhg its meaning for zero and NaN is mathematically unclear.

Paul

---
Paul A Bristow
+44 1539561830 & SMS, Mobile +44 7714 330204 & SMS
pbristow_at_[hidden]