From: Nigel Stewart (ns_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-08-02 16:57:35

> I have just released Beta 2 version of a small (one header file) generic library for handling UTF-8 encoded strings -
> you can read more about it at http://utfcpp.sourceforge.net/ .

     Looks good. Nice to see an additional step away from silly
     8-bit encodings towards a unicode world.

     You mention Glib::ustring as an alternative, I would also mention Qt QString
     that also provides conversion to and from utf-8.

     As an aside - it sure would be a nice thing to have a better string class
     than std::string (QString comes to mind) along with all the unicode
     handling.

Nigel