From: Nigel Stewart (ns_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-08-02 17:11:00

Lewis,

Very interested!

Do you have any data handy on the time and space trade offs using
say vmap versus std::map? I've been implementing something similar
to vmap in query-intensive context using binary search, in the hope
of avoiding the memory/cache-miss overhead with the std::map tree.

The model I'm working with is to do insertion into a std::map and
then flatten it into a std::vector once insertion is done.

Nigel